Monday, April 7, 2014

How to replace computer mouse button on your own

So, here is the problem: Let's say you've got a mouse that works like a touchpad - the micro button is drowned all the way in, and even a slight touch would trigger a click/doubleclick event. Not good!  I don't like them mice working like touchpads!
Solution: Get a new one.
Bettter soultion:
But! If you've grown attached to the particular mouse and want to keep it working like new and not spend any money - this is what you do:
1) Find a micro button. I usually desolder ones from old mice, but you can get them in bulk on ebay. It's nice to have those just in case
2) Remove a malfunctioning button
3) Place the new one, solder all 3 contacts
Easy! I know this article is not particularly useful, but I've got to wright about something...!
Donor mouse. Both buttons removed, marked K1 and K3 on the board
I dropped way too much solder there, don't do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment