Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What is hot glue? Where to buy hot glue gun and how to use.

This thing is just irreplacable! I don't know how I used to live without it.
It's reaaaly cheap as well on ebay: Heating Hot Melt 20W Glue Gun Crafts Album Repair with Glue Sticks 28mm 7mm
You can probably find a dispenser/gun for a couple of dollars. I ordered a gun and 30 sticks for just 13.25$. It's not like you're gonna be using a stick per day, 30 stick will probably cover you for a year or more.

What is it for?
Trust me, you need it. I mainly use it to glue wires, to make sure they don't get loose on a circuit board. You could glue cracked plastic cases, boxes. The only thing you probably shouldn't glue it with is radiators. Or anything that could potentially heat up to ~80C degrees. It probably will melt all over again. Hell, I even saw a video on youtube where a guy made "bullets" with it!
I just love using wire ties and then pouring hot glue on top of them! That's and overkill if you want to make something stick to something. Overall - it's for any DIY project you could think of!

Things you should NOT do:
1) Don't put it on it's side, always use the stand that comes with it. If you put it on the side - hot glue might somehow mess up the insides of the gun and it won't work anymore.
2) Don't pull off hot stick from the gun. In fact, I would recommend not pulling them out at all, just finish the one you started first.
3) Do not put your fingers in the glue when it's still hot ):



No comments:

Post a Comment